Stay safe, stay active
Safety Measures at David Lloyd Clubs
We're ready for you
The safety of our team members and members is our number one priority, but while things will look a little different, our clubs continue to provide a premium health and fitness experience. We're striving to offer the most complete club experience possible, so whether you're a racquets enthusiast desperate to get back on court, a keen swimmer who's missed the water, or a gym lover tired of exercising in the living room, we're sure to have something for you.
And of course, we are incorporating extensive cleaning protocols and social distancing practices throughout our clubs to keep you safe and at ease.
We are closely following government guidelines in each country we operate in. Our members can maintain at least a 1,5m distance from each other in all areas of our Clubs, including our Group Exercise Studios where we've created 3m² spaces for all class participants.
We have taken the following measures to ensure that our members feel safe at all times and to make it easier for them to follow the distance rules:
- Face masks to be worn in the corridors and changing rooms. No need to wear masks when exercising, in the restaurant or in the pool and spa area, as the 1.5m distance can always be guaranteed.
- We have reduced capacity in our gyms and have increased the space between equipment to at least 1,5m, as well as adding a one-way system.
- Additional 530m² of gym space has been created.
- Bookings are limited for group exercise classes to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We are reducing the number of members in certain areas of the Club at any one time to ensure everyone can practice social distancing.
- Plastic screens have been introduced to reception desks to protect both members and our team members.
- We're using signage and clear floor markings to help members to remain a safe distance apart and team members are on hand throughout our Clubs to support.
Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been greatly enhanced to maintain a high level of hygiene across all of our Clubs. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning is carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
- We have increased the number of cleaning staff we employ, allowing us to increase the volume of cleaning across the Club, with particular attention being paid to areas of high traffic.
- We have introduced sanitisation stations across the Club, and have increased the amount of sanitiser spray and disposable blue paper available to members to further encourage them to wipe down and clean equipment before and after use.
- We have introduced extra time between classes to allow us to fully clean all areas ahead of the following class.
- All team members have been trained on our new ways of working for cleaning and social distancing and are responsible for cleaning and sanitising around the Club.
Team member safety
We're doing everything we can to ensure our team members are kept safe.
- We have completed Covid-19 workshops so the whole team is on board and understand what is required of them for us to safely run our Clubs.
- Team members have been told they should not leave home if they display any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- The team are washing their hands before their shifts, after completing cleaning tasks and frequently throughout shifts.
- Social distancing rules apply to team members too. We have re-organised offices and rotas to ensure social distancing can be achieved.
What is available?
- Indoor gym facilities - We've adapted our gyms and introduced temporary, additional gym spaces to offer a complete gym experience.
- Personal Training - Enjoy an enhanced training experience with the guidance of our experts.
- Indoor and outdoor fitness classes - Enjoy a great selection of our classes including favourites like Blaze, Cycle & Yoga.
- Tennis courts - Our championship quality indoor tennis courts are open.
- Pools - Our pools are open, with a maximum number of swimmers per pool.
- Changing rooms - Lockers, sinks and toilets are available to use. Every other locker is out of use to allow for social distancing.
- Restaurant & Adult lounge – are open for you to work somewhere quiet or enjoy a meal or beverage on our terrace.
Stay safe, stay active
- We are closely following government guidelines, and we will amend our procedures in line with any changes to regulations.
- Please do not come to the club if you feel unwell and let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
- Help keep yourself safe by wiping down equipment before and after use and washing your hands frequently.
- Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club.
- Please bring your own towel, yoga mat and water bottle.
- Please keep social distancing in mind at all times, and leave plenty of space between yourself and other members.
- Download the David Lloyd mobile app - you'll need to use it to book all classes, courts and kids classes.
- Please be patient, polite and observe all notices, but of course if you have feedback do let us know.
- Please remember to wear a face covering in all the indoor communal areas of the Club.