Website terms and conditions
By accessing this website you enter into a contract with David Lloyd Leisure Limited (“us”) whereby your use of the website is subject to these terms and conditions.
The information on this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing information about David Lloyd Leisure Limited and its subsidiaries and associates. We will use reasonable care to ensure that the information is accurate at the time it is added to the website. However we cannot guarantee that the information is accurate and we shall not be liable for any loss or damage that anyone may suffer in reliance on the information on this website.
This website contains information about health, nutrition, weight loss and similar topics. Such information is provided for education and general awareness only and should not be regarded as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. You should always seek the advice of your doctor or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website. You should also speak to your doctor or other qualified health care provider before starting any diet or exercise programme.
The information on this website is provided without any warranty or implied term of any kind, including but not limited to any implied warranties or implied terms of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. All such implied terms and warranties are hereby excluded.
Any and all information is subject to change without notice. Publications are subject to availability and their provision is at our discretion.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
Type of service
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
Your contributions must:
- be accurate (where they state facts);
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- contain any advice or instruction which if followed, may adversely affect the health or wellbeing of any person or cause injury to any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these content standards through your use of our site. When a breach of any of these content standards has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these content standards may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these content standards. These responses are not limited and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
By submitting content to us, you automatically grant us the right for all time to use it in any way we see fit. You agree that David Lloyd Leisure Limited will not be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the information and material contained in this website or from access to other material on the Internet via web links from this site.
Links within this website may lead to other websites. We assume no responsibility for the contents of any other websites to which this website has links, as we may not have control over such websites. The inclusion of any links to such other websites does not mean that we sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve any information or material contained in those sites, or in sites linked to those sites, or have any association with the owner thereof. Any contract for goods or services entered into through such websites will be made with the owners or controllers of those websites and not with us.
These pages are protected by copyright. No information in this website may be modified, copied, distributed, transmitted, displayed, reproduced, published, licensed, used to create derivative works from, transferred or sold in any form. Links to this website may not be included in any other website without our prior written permission. This website is for personal and non-commercial use. You may access and download the contents of these pages and store a copy on a temporary basis for the sole purpose of viewing those pages for your personal use.
All other intellectual property rights, moral rights and equivalent rights wheresoever arising in the contents of this website are hereby asserted and reserved.
We reserve the right without notice to:
(1) terminate your access to this website at any time for whatever reason; and
(2) assign the benefit of this contract to a third party at any time.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law.